The Arctic Foxes Hockey Association has an opportunity to work as an NPO (non-profit organization) at PPG Arena for Pittsburgh Penguins games and concerts. As a volunteer working these events your hockey fees will be credited accordingly. The work entails setting up, then serving food and drinks at the concessions stands in the arena during games.
From October through April there will be roughly 25-35 games/events and you would be expected to work a minimum of 5.
- It is anticipated that 5-10 volunteers will be needed for each game
- Typical shift will be 5pm-9:30pm. This can vary if a game would go into overtime or if it’s a weekend day game. Usually, it will be a 4.5-hour shift.
- Discounted parking of $6 per car is offered for volunteers. Of course, you are free to park or arrange your own transportation
- Aramark would do their best to keep 2-3 group members together to work at a stand
- No formal training is needed; you will learn the ropes your first game you work. However, RAMP certification (alcohol compliance) is required to be a cashier; RAMP not required to work utility (food prep and preparing orders). RAMP certification is available via online class and takes about 2 hours to complete. The cost is $10 is good for 2 years.
- You will be required to wear a uniform of black pants and black shoes A shirt and hat will be provided for you.
- Employee meal is given
- Minimum age is 18 (no 16 or 17 y/o) to work. You can have multiple people (spouses, grandparents, aunts/uncles, siblings) volunteer and each one will get paid/credited to your hockey account
- Pay is $85/per person which gets credited to your players hockey account for each game worked. Some events which may require longer hours may have increased pay- this will be announced ahead of time.
To sign up, please send an email to Pens.AFHA@gmail.com with the (1) Name of volunteer, (2) Email address, (3) Cell phone #, (4) Name of player the credits will go towards.